Ivermectin: 10.0 mg;
Closantel sodium: 125.0 mg.
Cloverm is a combination drugwhich contains ivermectin and closantel.
Ivermectin belongs to compounds isolated from the fermentation products ofStreptomyces avermitis. In parasites, ivermectin stimulates the excretion of?-aminobutyric acid (GABA), which is bound to the special receptors of nerveendings thereby blocking nerve impulses this causing the paralysis and death ofa parasite.
Closantel is an antiparasitic agent, a salicylanilide derivative. The mode ofaction of closantel is inhibiting oxidative phosphorylation in aparasite. A specific action of the drug is to stimulate ATP enzyme thisresulting in the uncoupling of electron transport-associatedphosphorylation. This, in turn, causes change in energy metabolism in theparasite and, as a result, its death.
The drug has a broad spectrum of antiparasitic action against nematodes of thefollowing families: Ascaris, Parascaris, Toxocara, Toxascaris, Ancylostoma,Uncinaria, Hyostrongylus, Nematodirus, Cooperia, Oesophagostomum, Bunostomum,Strongyloides, Metastrongylus, Stephanurus, Dirofilaria, Habronema, Onchocerca,Oxyuris, Parascaris, Cyathostomum, Cylicocyclus, Cylicodontophorus,Cylicostephanus, Strongylus, Triodontophorus, Trichostrongylus, Draschia;arthropods such as Otodectes, Haematopinus, Sarcoptes, Demodex, Gastrophilus,Hypoderma, Linognathus, Damalina, Solenopotes, Hematobia, and others.
The treatment of cattle,sheep, goats, pigs suffering from in following cases:
- Gastointestinal nematodes and pulmonary nematodes (adult and larval stages) –Ostertagia spp., Haemonchus placei, Cooperia spp., Oesophagostomum radiatum,Trichostrogylus spp., Strongyloides papillosus, Bunostonum phlebotonum,Toxocara vitulorum, trichuris spp., adult stages of Dictyocaulus viviparous,Nematodius spp.;
- Trematodes – Fasciola spp.;
- Warble fly larvae – Hypoderma bovis, Hypoderma lineatum;
- Itch mites – Psoroptes bovis, Sarcoptes bovis;
- Louses – Haematopinus eurysternus.
Sheep and goats:
- Gastointestinal nematodes and pulmonary nematodes (adult and larval stages) –Ostertagia spp., Haemonchus contortus, Trichostrongylus spp., Cooperia spp.,Oesophagostomum spp., Nematodirus spp., Trichostrogylus spp.,Chabertia ovina,Chavertia ovis, Trichuris ovis; adult and larval stages (4th stage) ofDictyocaulus filarial, Protostrongylus spp.;
- Trematodes – Fasciola hepatica;
- Itch mites – Psoroptes ovis, Sarcoptes ovis;
- Sheep keds – Melophagus ovinus.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Once at a dose:
Cattle: 1.0 mL/50 kg bw subcutaneously in the section of the blade (scapulaarea);
Sheep and goats: 0.5 mL/25 kg bw, subcutaneously.
In sarcoptosis, twice with intervals of 5 to 7 days.
Before the mass treatment,test the drug preliminarily in a small number of animals (7 to 8 heads). Ifadverse reaction did not show during 2-3 days use it for the entire livestock population.
Do not administer to animalswith hypersensitivity to ivermectin and closantel as well as to animals withtheir kidneys and liver affected.
Do not combine with other anthelmintic agents.
Do not use to lactating cows as well as 35 days before delivery.
Do not use in dogs.
Do not treat debilitated, starved animals, and animals suffered from infectiousdiseases.
Animals may only beslaughtered for meat 35 after the last treatment.
Neutral glass vials of 10-mL, 20-mL, 50-mL and100-mL, closed by a rubber stopper and sealed with an aluminum cover. Secondarypackage: carton box.
Store at a dry place protectedfrom light at between 5oС and 25oС. Keep out of reach of children
Shelf life – 18 months.
After medicine first selection from the vial, it is necessary to use theremaining within 14 days provided that the medicine is selected aseptically andstored at dark place between 0°C and 5°C.